Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Menu Monday... on Wednesday.

I promise I did actually make this dinner on Monday... just haven't gotten around to posting it :)

We had stir-fry this week. I have made it before, but I've never been really impressed by any recipes that I had tried... so I tried it again, and made up my own recipe. Following recipes has never been my forte... I've found that experimental cooking generally turns out better than when I try to follow one set recipe. (It does occasionally end rather disastrously, however.) This time, apart from letting the vegetables cook a bit too long and get a teensy bit mushy, the stir-fry was pretty good.

The stir-fry had onions, broccoli, carrots, snow peas, and mung bean sprouts in it. I used soy sauce, sesame oil, chopped ginger and garlic to season it.
I sauteed the mushrooms separately (because Thomas isn't especially fond of them) in butter and garlic, and squeezed the juice of half a lemon over them with some fresh ground black pepper. I thought they were very yummy, and Thomas even ate a few.
We ate it with brown rice, which has the yummiest nutty flavor... it went really well with stir-fry.

Thomas took this picture of the food. He said it was artsy. I think that's a mushroom in the foreground.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I notice a distinct lack of meat in that stir fry...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers