Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Menu Monday

I spotted butternut squash while I was grocery shopping on Monday and added it to my [ever-growing and changing] list for the week. When I got home I changed my dinner plan to revolve around the butternut squash, because if there is a butternut squash in my house it must. be. eaten. immediately. I chopped it up and steamed the pieces to get the skin off, brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled them with salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme, and roasted them in the oven. We ate it with salmon steaks and quinoa (which were somewhat of an afterthought, when I realized butternut squash wasn't exactly a meal in and of itself).

This is a butternut squash. If you haven't had it before, you're missing out.

Dinner. Yum.

I had dessert all planned out. We were going to have panna cotta... I had all the ingredients ready to go. So when dinner was done, I got ready to whip it up for dessert. And then I remembered. It has to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Brilliant, Sarah... always thinking ahead *sarcasm*.
So we ended up having our dessert the next day. But it was worth the wait.

Panna cotta (Italian for "cooked cream"). It's basically a kind of custard... a very delicious kind of custard. I topped it with raspberry sauce (which is super easy to make by the way... throw some raspberries sprinkled with sugar in a bowl in the microwave for a minute and hey presto raspberry sauce).

Close-up of the deliciousness

...and I just realized I haven't posted since the last Menu Monday... fail. I'm going to have to start distinguishing between the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers