Monday, September 20, 2010

Food heaven

I recently found my food heaven. It's a place called Central Market. We've been in Dallas for three months now, and even though it's within walking distance from our apartment, I only found out about it a couple of weeks ago. I have been addicted to it ever since. The pictures say it all.

First, there are all the yummy organic fruits and veggies.

Then there is the bakery... oh my, the bakery...
Fresh bread every day... this one is a rosemary herb bread.

And this might just be the most important discovery.
Chocolate croissants... life doesn't get any better than one of these with a latte.

There's a whole section of international foods... and wines.

Here's a few meals I made with food from Central Market:

Roasted vegetable pizza with fresh bread and salad...

Grilled chicken and baked potatoes...

And, in the spirit of fall... even though we're still in the 90's here in Dallas... some creamy corn chowder.

I'm telling you... the place is food heaven. You can get any kind of food you want, and it's all healthy (ok, so maybe not the chocolate croissants)... as in no chemicals/preservatives and all that junk. They have samples of fruits, cheeses, wines, coffee, and they often have chefs cooking things up to sample at stations around the store. I love it.
And today is grocery shopping day! To Central Market I go... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers