Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Family & a wedding

We went to Lubbock this past weekend for Thomas's cousin Sarah's wedding. Sarah is the oldest of 8 kids, so there were lots of Congdons around!
I didn't do very well with picture-taking. Well, I took plenty of pictures, but when I loaded them onto the computer I could see that they were all blurry. I tried to pick out some of the better ones. The only time I didn't take pictures was during the wedding ceremony, so you'll just have to take my word that it was beautiful. The reception was held out in the country at a farmhouse, with lots of country music, cowboy boots and dancing.


The dancing pavilion

 Sunset behind the buffet area.

The cake cutting (also, sadly, the best picture I managed to get of the beautiful bride Sarah and her groom Jonathan. Silly camera.)

Pretty fall decorations on the tables.

Us, hiding at our table and avoiding the dancing pavilion like the plague.
We really need to learn how to dance.

I think these two pictures of Thomas and Ben are funny, albeit completely washed out.

 Instead of confetti or bubbles, the bride and groom walked out between two lines of people with sparklers... clever idea for an evening wedding!

Ben and Bekah dancing

We got back to our hotel after midnight.

These two little munchkins (and Lydia, not pictured) ended up sleeping on the fold-out sofa bed in our hotel room in their tuxes. Poor things were exhausted, and the rest of the family was still busy cleaning up the reception when we left with the younger kids at midnight!

We had a great weekend. It was so nice to get out of Dallas, and it's always a joy to be with family. 

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers