Tuesday, January 18, 2011

{bruschetta & roasted asparagus}

Ever since I watched Julie & Julia I've been wanting to make bruschetta. Last night I finally got around to it. I even made my own french baguettes, with the help of my fabulous bread machine which mixed, kneaded and rose the dough.

My cute little baguettes

I sliced up a baguette, brushed each slice with olive oil and toasted them briefly under the broiler. Then I put some of the tomato mix [recipe here] along with some mozzarella cheese on each slice and put them back under the broiler until the cheese melted.

 I lightly roasted some asparagus with olive oil and garlic to go with the bruschetta, and dinner was served.

























I'll definitely be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers