Saturday, March 5, 2011

my return to housewife-ness

Now that my classes are basically over, I have returned to my regularly scheduled cooking & food blogging.
Yay!
I went a little crazy last night and made a four-course meal.

First course: Appetizers - waterwheel crackers with gorgonzola cheese.

Second course: Butternut squash soup, with toasted homemade bread

Third course [the main course]: Filet mignon medallions with gorgonzola cheese melted on top, with roasted baby red potatoes, steamed brocolli, and mushrooms sautéed with butter, lemon and garlic.

The sides.

The steak before the cheese.

With the cheese... it tasted SO GOOD.

And the fourth and final course: dessert!
Angel food cake, with sliced strawberries and freshly whipped cream.
The perfect light and fluffy dessert after a big dinner.

We took half-hour breaks between courses to let our food settle, so we could fit more in :)
 
I wish I could say that we ate better today, but we had donuts for breakfast and lunch...

But hey, it's the weekend. 

And I'm done with my classes! 
Almost.

1 comment:

  1. I have just discoved your blog and have really enjoyed reading! :)

    That is one great meal! Amazing. I don't think I could have cooked (or eaten!) all that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers