Sunday, May 1, 2011

a little of this, a little of that

This post is going to be completely and utterly random, just for your information.

So, the day after I wrote the last post about my dream car, we actually went to the Mini Cooper dealership to look at the Mini Cooper Countryman.
Just for the heck of it.
And they had the absolute perfect one. It even had Union Jacks on the side mirrors!

Happy girl

Thomas liked it too

View from the roomy back seat

I wanted to drive home with it. * Sigh *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made a roast dinner for Easter, and it turned out deliciously.
I roasted potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, red onions and garlic together, with fresh rosemary from my little herb garden.

We also had garlic-rosemary sirloin tip roast, and steamed green beans.
And yummy gravy.

It was scrumptious.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas desperately needed a hair cut... he was beginning to look Bieber-ish.
One afternoon this week it was nice out, so I decided to cut it on the patio. Which, I might add, was not the brightest idea. There was hair flying everywhere in the breeze as I cut it.

Before:

Halfway done.

Much better. And very handsome.

~~~~~~~~~

Then on Thursday I got all excited about the Royal Wedding, and I made English scones.

We had them with homemade strawberry jam [from the multitude of strawberries that we picked a couple of weeks ago], and freshly whipped cream. And tea, of course.

And I totally got up at 4am on Friday to watch the wedding live. Because I'm British, and it would be like high treason to miss it.

The service was beautiful and majestic, and Prince William and Kate Middleton were adorable together.
Prince William and Kate Middleton

The stunning, elegant dress.


The Queen looks fabulous in yellow.


I loved the tiara


Prince Harry and Kate's sister Pippa.
Prince Harry - Royal Wedding - The Newlyweds Greet Wellwishers From The Buckingham Palace Balcony

The official pictures in Buckingham Palace.






It was beautiful, and it was nice to celebrate something on a world wide scale. Apparently around 2 billion people watched the wedding. It was an uplifting glimpse of joy and happiness amongst all the tragic things that have happened in the world recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quite the weekend for world-wide events... just today President Obama announced that Osama Bin Laden has been killed by U.S. forces and his body is confirmed to be in U.S. custody.
Obviously, I'm glad he is no longer a threat to the world. But I'm not entirely sure what to think about the ethics surrounding his death.

~~~~~~~~~~~

And on that note, I will end this haphazard, wandering post. I had no idea what I was going to write about when I began. So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers