Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ONE!!!


Dear Judah,

You are ONE YEAR OLD! One year ago today, at 2:32pm, you were born after a fast four-and-a-half hour labor weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 20.5 inches long. You were absolutely perfect - adorable from the very beginning. You never really had that squished alien newborn look... you came out looking a week old with chubby rosy cheeks and brilliant blue eyes. I was in complete disbelief as the midwife handed you to me and I pulled you up to my chest and held you for the very first time. Did I really just have a baby? And still a year later, I often look at you in wonder... Are you really ours? How did we manage to create something so perfect and adorable? A walking, talking tiny human being with your very own delightful soul and personality.

The first year of human life is mind boggling. You've grown from 8lbs 4oz to over 24 lbs. From 20.5 inches to 30-ish inches. From a helpless newborn to a little boy who knows what he wants and how to get it. From squeaking and cooing to talking. From flailing arms and legs to running at full speed ahead.

I have no regrets when I look back at your first year - I know that I am meant to be your momma and it's the most natural thing in the world to me. Even when I was tired - every time I looked at you or thought about you I couldn't help but love you, snuggle you, nurse you, rock you, play with you... give you whatever you needed. And really - you have been a very easy baby. Despite the fact that you still wake up 2-3 times a night to nurse :) ...

This year has flown by in the blink of an eye. I"m not sad that you are turning one - each new age has brought so much fun and energy to our lives. But I am just a bit worried, because I know that each year will go faster than the one before, and before I know it you'll be walking off to your first day of school... driving off on your first date... and moving out for college. So I will just keep throwing myself fully into being your momma while times races by. I will keep embracing each moment of pure joy that you bring. I will keep taking far too many pictures of you. I will keep writing about you, so I can look back and remember your funny little quirks and antics that delight us at each age. And most of all, I will keep living fully present with you so that I never miss a moment that you want to share with me.

I love you Judah William! You are still my baby, even though you're one now... and you always will be no matter how big you get.

Love forever and for always,
Momma


Here is your year in review:

Birth story
Newborn
One month old
Two months old
Three months old
Four months old
Five months old
Six months old
Seven months old
Eight months old
Nine months old
Ten months old
Eleven months old


And here you are now:

My serious little boy. This is the face that you wear most of the day while you are studying your toys (and whatever else you can get your hands on} and figuring things out. You don't often automatically smile for the camera... most times I have to work for it. I just snapped these while you were playing yesterday afternoon and you stared me down!




Happy First Birthday, baby boy!
We love you!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet - happy birthday big boy! I love his serious face :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers